Druk Wangyel Festival
Druk Wangyel Festival, which is held every year on December 13th on Dochu-la Pass (3,088 m) at Druk Wangyel Temple, where the 108 memorial stupas are located, The Festival was established in 2011 in commemoration of His Majesty the Fourth Druk Gyelpo and the Armed Forces’ Victory Over Indian Insurgent Forces Residing in Southern Bhutan in 2003. It is a special occasion featuring many different mask dances presented by the Royal Bhutan Army instead of monks and lay monks. It honors His Majesty the Fourth King of Bhutan’s wise leadership and the Royal Bhutan Army’s ongoing efforts to safeguard the nation.
Places Covered: Paro, Thimphu, Dochu la Pass, Punakha & Taktsang Hiking.
Day 01: Arrival – Thimphu (54km, 01 hour)
Day 02: Thimphu Sightseeing
Day 03: Thimphu – Druk Wangyel Festival – Punakha/Wangdue (71km, 02 hours)
Day 04: Punakha Sightseeing.
Day 05: Punakha – Paro (125km, 03 hours)
Day 06: Hike to Taktsang (Tiger’s Nest)
Day 07: Departure
Thimphu: 2 nights
Punakha: 2 nights
Paro: 2 nights
- Premium 3-star accommodation/Farmhouse
- All meals, including Breakfast, Lunch, and dinner
- All internal transfers are done in imported luxury and comfortable cars
- Full time English language speaking tour guide
- Daily complimentary bottle water Entrance fees
- Entrance fees
- Arrangement for visa process and Permits
- Bhutan Govt. Taxes per night